Any terms not defined hereunder are defined in our Terms of Service and shall retain the meaning set forth on those Terms.
What Personal Information Does Company Display or Collect?
The information we gather from users enables us to provide, personalize and improve our services, and to allow our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Site. In connection with the Site, we request and display some personal information to other users and visitors of the Site, which allows users to identify each other.
We collect the following types of information from our users:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
When you register a profile with Company, your profile including any information you provide (name, address, gender) will be registered with Company.
We receive and store any information you provide in these ways, or otherwise enter on the Site or provide to us in any other way. In each case, we will collect and record the information you have provided.
The types of Personal Information that we collect from you include your name, username, address, age, gender, email address, USEF number and other membership numbers in various equestrian organizations, company name, barn name, social security number, citizenship status, phone number, IP address and browser information, and possibly financial and billing information such as credit card or bank account number, name, street address, and phone number.
We may also offer you the opportunity to submit other information about yourself (such as occupation, hobbies, interests, zip code, etc.). You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
The Personal Information you provide may be used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain information, products and services, attribution for content you submit, customizing the advertising and content you see, allowing you to communicate with other users, and communicating with you about specials and new features. You may modify or remove any of your personal information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your profile and account information. You may choose to share information about yourself through the services on the Site, such as sharing information with other users and members in the service. Any action you choose to do for yourself or other peoples information you have entered into the service that requires the disclosure of information or approval of someone is at your own risk and discretion.
Personal Information from Third Party Sources:
- We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Site or associated services, to supplement your profile.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and may store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Site or obtain services from us. We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, Company cookie information, and the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time. We also record the details of your transactions on the Site. For mobile devices used to access the Site or the Site’s content, we receive and record the identification numbers of those devices.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. We only use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Site or services so that we can make the Site appealing to as many users as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and the Site, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, Company never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you
We use customer contact information to send emails to you about our company, horse shows, and other related topics that may be of interest to users of the Site. We often receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Company if your computer supports this type of program. We use this confirmation to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful. If you do not want to receive e-mail communications from Company, you may opt out of those communications during the registration process, by changing the necessary settings in your user account or by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our Site are visited and by how many people. Company cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
- Ads appearing on the Site may be delivered to users by our advertising partners, who may set cookies. These cookies allow the ad server to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement to compile information about you or others who use your computer. This information allows ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
Will Company Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
At Your Direction: We may share your Personal Information with horse show event organizers if you direct us to do so as part of our service. Company Marketing Materials: We reserve the right to list the name of any account holder in our marketing materials, and you hereby consent to such listing.
We will not list the names of individuals entered by account holders, but only the names of the account holders themselves. Account holders may request that their names not be listed in marketing materials by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:
We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may operate stores at the Site or sell items or services to you through the Site. In other situations, Company may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share user information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business. For example, we may selectively share data with horse show managers in order to provide benefits to our members.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Company’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
User profile information may include your name, phone number, email address and other relevant information. The name, city, state and USEF number for each person entered in our system is viewable by all other Site account holders as part of your user profile. For information other than these items, you will have the option to select what information other users can view from your user profile. To facilitate user interaction within the Site, Company may display to other users the information you select to share from your user profile. Company allows users to search the Site using user names and any other information you elect to share, but Company will not directly reveal your full name to other users.
Communication in response to user submissions:
If you choose to submit or post any user submission or user-generated content, as part of the Site and Services, you will receive from Company and other users e-mail and other communication relating to your Content. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such Content, Company and other users may send you e-mail and other communication that they determine in their sole discretion relate to your Contributor Submissions.
We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please send us an email to email@example.com.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if Company, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Company goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Company may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of Company and Others:
With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be given the option to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
Your account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Company endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private.
Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, Company cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post information to public areas on Site or any other public forums, such information can be accessed by the public.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Company allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing or updating that information. This list will change as the Site changes. You may currently access the following information in your user account:
- account information
- user profile information
- user preferences
- user submissions in your account You may request the deletion of any of the above information by sending a deletion request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about Others:
You may decide to provide us with another person's email address so that person may be invited to join the Site or so that we may facilitate your communication with other people through the Service (such as when you upload an address book). We use this information to contact and, if necessary, remind that person that he or she has been invited to join the Site. All invitees are provided with the option not to receive further invitations from us.
We may disclose such information if required to do so in order to comply with any legal requirements or process, as described above. What Other Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Company features.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information Can I Access” section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your Company account by sending an e-mail to our webmaster at email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
- If you do not wish to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate this preference during the registration process, by changing your account settings, or by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Concerns:
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at the Site, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com . We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.